(Recipe makes 10-12 slices)
- 250g GF plain flour – I used Doves Farm Freee plain flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 150g coconut sugar
- 177ml unsweetened almond milk
- 48g coconut oil, melted
- 122g plain dairy free yoghurt
- Zest of 1 1/2 lemons
- 1 lemon juiced
- Preheat oven to 180C/350C/Gas mark 4 and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and stir well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the wet ingredients and lemon zest to combine.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and whisk till any lumps are gone.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin then bake in the oven for 20 minutes, before turning the oven down to 170C.
- Bake for a further 30-35 minutes till a skewer comes out almost clean as it will carry on cooking for a few minutes out of the oven!
- Leave the loaf cake in the tin for at least 30 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
|Calories per slice (1/10)||Protein||Carbs||Fat|