(Recipe serves 5, or more with a side)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 red chillies, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 180g mushrooms, sliced
- 500g red lentils, rinsed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsps smoked paprika
- 1/2-1 tsp chilli powder (depending on the level of spice you want)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 690g passata
- 1 tin black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tin sweetcorn, rinsed and drained
- 800ml GF vegetable stock
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- Fry the onion, garlic and chilli in olive oil over a medium heat for 5 minutes till the onions are softened.
- Add the bell pepper and mushroom and fry for a further 10 minutes before stirring in the lentils.
- Add in the spices then fry for a minute before pouring in the passata, vegetable stock and tomato purée.
- Bring this to a simmer, stirring regularly, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and sweetcorn, then cook for a further 5 minutes till the lentils are cooked. Taste for seasoning then serve on its own or with rice or pasta!
|Calories per serving (1/5)||Protein||Carbs||Fat|