(Recipe serves 3)
For the enchilada sauce:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp cornflour/cornstarch
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 400ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp tomato puree
For the chicken:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 500g chicken breast
- 3 Bfree sweet potato wraps
- 3/4 tin black beans, rinsed and drained
- 100g 50% reduced fat cheddar
- Preheat your oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6.
- For the sauce, fry the garlic in olive oil for 30 seconds – 1 minute to release the flavours without burning the garlic. Add in flour then whisk in till it creates a slight roux with the oil.
- Now stir in the spices and fry for a further 30 seconds before adding the stock. Bring to a simmer then mix in the tomato purée and bubble for 5-10 mins until slightly thickened (the sauce shouldn’t be very thick though). Set aside in a jug.
- In the same saucepan, add in the red onion and a teaspoon of olive oil. Fry on a medium heat until the onions are soft, then add the tomatoes. Refill the tin with water and also add this to the pan.
- Bring to a boil and add the chicken – cut any larger chicken breasts in half to ensure they all cook in similar time. Bubble away for around 10 mins until chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Use a slotted spoon to remove some chopped tomatoes/onion from the saucepan and mix into the shredded chicken. Get your oven dish ready – I used a rectangular casserole dish which was the perfect size.
- To make the enchiladas, get a sweet potato wrap and spread a generous amount of enchilada sauce over. Add in the shredded chicken and some black beans. Top with 10g grated cheddar then roll the wrap and place in your dish.
- Repeat with the other two wraps then pour some of the remaining enchilada sauce over the wraps in the dish (I did have a bit of sauce left over which is great to use if warming the wraps up the next day and needing a bit more sauce). I also poured over some of the chopped tomatoes and onions then sprinkled the rest of the cheddar on top.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes until crispy and golden – note that reduced fat cheddar doesn’t melt as well as full fat cheese.
|Calories per serving||Protein||Carbs||Fat|