(Recipe serves 4)
- 350g frozen mixed fruit
- 80ml boiling water
- 3 tbsp agave nectar
- 5 sheets filo pastry (about 100g)
- Preheat your oven to 180C/356F/Gas mark 4 and line a baking tray with parchment.
- Add the mixed berries to a bowl along with the boiling water and agave nectar. Give this a good mix then let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Next, lay your filo pastry sheets on the baking tray, keeping them stacked on top of each other. Then fold over the edges to stop and fruit juice from escaping! You will need to use some water to dab on the pastry so it will stick.
- Now drain your berries, reserving the juice that’s been made with the water and agave nectar. Spoon the berries onto the filo pastry then bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat your leftover juice in a saucepan to thicken and make a sauce. Make sure it’s bubbling but not boiling! Simmer this for 5-10 minutes until the juice has reduced slightly then take off the heat – it should thicken considerably when cooling.
- If you find that the sauce is then too thick or there’s not enough, top up with a bit more boiling water and mix well.
- Once the tart has baked for 25 minutes, turn the oven up to 200C/392F/Gas mark 6, to crisp up the edges of the pastry. It’s personal preference how you want the pastry, mine went back in for another 5-10 minutes or so.
- Serve the fruit tart fresh out the oven with the sauce and any other toppings you’d like!
|Calories per serving||Protein||Carbs||Fat|