(Recipe serves 5)
For the chicken:
- 5 small chicken breasts (about 750g), flattened or 3 large chicken breasts, butterflied in half
- 60g ground almonds
- 30g parmesan, grated
- 2 tbsps Italian herbs
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp coconut oil
For the spaghetti:
- 375g gluten-free spaghetti (I used Tesco’s free from version)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1-2 birds eye chillies
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 700g passata
- 30g fresh basil
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Few splashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Start by mixing the ground almonds, parmesan, Italian herbs, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the eggs. Now coat your chicken pieces first in egg then the almond breadcrumb mixture – make sure to pat this down so it sticks completely!
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, then add 1 tsp coconut oil to melt.
- Fry the coated chicken on both sides until cooked through and crispy (around 6 mins a side depending on thickness) – add more coconut oil if needed.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- Put the rest of the ingredients for the spaghetti sauce in a food processor and blitz till combined. Heat this sauce in a saucepan till heated through.
- Drain the spaghetti and mix into the sauce, carefully slice your chicken then serve hot with some extra parmesan!
|Calories per serving||Protein||Carbs||Fat|