(Recipe serves 4)
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 500g turkey breast mince
- Half a bunch basil (15g), chopped
- Thumb sized ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tsps mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or crushed
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 wholewheat buns
- 4 slices low fat cheese (I use tesco 50% less fat slices)
- My pickled red cabbage
- Mixed leaf salad or rocket
- In a large bowl, put the spring onions, turkey mince, basil, ginger, mixed herbs and garlic then season with a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Mix this together by scrunching gently with your hands then mould into 4 burgers.
- To cook the burgers, put the coconut oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat. Add the burgers and fry on both sides till golden and crispy and nearly cooked through (around 10 minutes). Add more coconut oil and turn the heat down if the burgers start to stick!
- When the burgers are nearly cooked, add your cheese slices and leave for another 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Now assemble your burger with some salad, the burger, pickled red cabbage and any sauces you like! Surprisingly, this goes really well with my Turkish-style chilli sauce!
|Calories per serving||Protein||Carbs||Fat|