(Recipe serves 4)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 450g chicken breast, diced into inch pieces
- 230g king prawns
- 4 sweet peppers, diced
- Good pinch of saffron
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 800ml chicken stock (2 stock cubes with 800ml water)
- 300g paella rice
- Salt and pepper
- Couple handfuls of peas
- Start by frying the chicken in coconut oil until cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon onto a plate and set aside to add again later.
- Now add the onion and garlic and cook on a medium heat. Fry for 10 minutes till the onions are soft and translucent then add the peppers.
- Cook for a further few minutes before adding the paella rice, saffron and chopped tomatoes. Stir this to let the paella rice soak up the tomatoes, then add a ladle of stock.
- Continue to stir the rice until the stock is soaked up, adding more stock when this happens. Keep doing this till you’ve used about 600ml stock then add the king prawns and peas. Carry on cooking for another 5-10 minutes until your rice is cooked, adding more stock when needed – you may need to make up more stock or add some boiling water if the rice isn’t cooked just yet! When the rice is cooked, add in the chicken and stir to heat up. Season with salt and pepper then serve nice and hot!
|Calories per serving||Protein||Carbs||Fat|