(Recipe makes 3 pizzas)
For the pizza sauce:
- 80g cherry toms
- 3 tbsps tomato purée
- 3 garlic cloves
- 15g basil
- Salt and pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil
For the pizza:
- 3 wholewheat tortilla wraps
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Worcestershire sauce
- Choice of veg – I used 50g cherry tomatoes, halved, and 80g asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 180g fresh mozzarella
- 12 extra basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5.
- Start by blitzing all the pizza sauce ingredients in a food processor until chopped up smaller and combined well. The sauce will go smoother the longer you blitz it so choose whatever consistency you’d like.
- Now, fry your red onion in the coconut oil on a medium heat. Stir in a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce and leave to cook for around 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the onions start to stick, add a splash or two of water to the pan.
- Once the onions are soft and slightly caramelised, remove them from the pan and start cooking the asparagus and tomatoes. These only need to cook for a few minutes as they’ll fully cook in the oven.
- Lay out the tortilla wraps on baking trays and spread over the pizza sauce. Scatter the onions, asparagus and cherry tomatoes over (plus any other toppings you’re using) then carefully tear on the fresh mozzarella.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden and crispy round the edges the serve with a few basil leaves dotted round each pizza – these taste really good when put on at the end!!
|Calories per pizza||Protein||Carbs||Fat|