(Recipe serves 4)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 inch piece ginger, chopped
- 2 chillies, sliced
- 100g broccoli, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 480g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp sriracha
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 4 portions wholegrain vermicelli noodles (I used 160g)
- Sesame seeds
- Start by mixing the sesame oil, fish sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, lime juice and some black pepper in a bowl then set aside.
- Cook the broccoli in a frying pan/wok with the coconut oil. Fry this on a medium heat for 5 minutes before adding the mushrooms and chicken.
- Cook these for another 5-6 minutes until the chicken is nearly cooked (this timing depends on how thin/thick your chicken is cut, so make sure you don’t over/undercook it!). Meanwhile, cook your noodles according to the packet instructions – mine had to soak in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Now add in the garlic, ginger and chillies and your sauce to your pan. Mix 1 tsp cornflour with 2 tsps water and also add to the pan.
- Cook this for a minute on a high heat to thicken the sauce.
- Turn off the heat and stir in your noodles well until they are coated in the sauce. Enjoy hot with a sprinkle of sesame seeds on top!
|Calories per serving||Protein||Carbs||Fat|