(Recipe serves 4)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped finely or crushed
- 3 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked and chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 400g red lentils, rinsed
- 550g passata
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 300g mushrooms, sliced
- 800ml-1L vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- Couple handfuls frozen peas
- 300g wholewheat spaghetti
- Start by putting the coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Fry the onion, garlic and rosemary for 7 minutes until softened.
- Add the smoked paprika then fry for a further 30 seconds. Stir in the lentils and passata, then let it come to a simmer before adding the oregano, mixed herbs and mushrooms.
- Give this a good stir then add in the stock, tomato purée, salt and pepper. Simmer this for 15 minutes, stirring to make sure the lentils don’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Meanwhile, cook your spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Once the bolognese has simmered for 15 minutes, add the peas then cook for a further 5 minutes or until the peas are cooked and lentils are soft – Note: Add more stock/boiling water if the lentils aren’t cooked yet but have soaked up the stock.
- Taste your Bolognese to check for seasoning then serve hot with your spaghetti – sprinkle some grated vegan cheese on top if you like!
|Calories per serving||Protein||Carbs||Fat|