(Recipe makes 12 muffins)
- 86g softened vitalite (or another vegan margarine)
- 206g coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 flax eggs (1 1/2 tbsps flaxseed, 4 1/2 tbsps water)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 360g gluten-free self-raising flour (I use Doves Farm Freee Flour)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 188ml almond milk (or another dairy-free milk)
- 100g blueberries, mashed with a fork
- 100g blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5.
- Mix your flaxseed with water in a bowl 15 minutes before making the muffins – to let it soak. Also, mix the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Next, whisk the vitalite and coconut sugar until combined then add your flax egg mixture and vanilla extract. Whisk again to combine.
- Whisk in half the flour and baking powder and half the milk till well combined. Now whisk in the other half of the flour and milk.
- Next, stir in the mashed blueberries before also folding in the whole blueberries.
- Bake in the oven for 26-28 minutes until a cocktail stick comes out the muffins clean.
- Leave to cool completely then enjoy your vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar free muffins!
|Calories per muffin||Protein||Carbs||Fat|