(Recipe serves 2)
- 2 sweet potatoes, grated (about 300g)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 large portobello Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 medium eggs
- 100g Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 30g feta crumbled
- Preheat your oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5.
- Start by making the hash brown mixture – put your grated sweet potato on some paper towels and squeeze out as much moisture you can.
- In a large bowl, put in your sweet potato, garlic powder, chilli powder, salt and pepper and 1 egg. Give this a good mix with your hands until well combined, then set aside.
- Put your sliced mushrooms in an ovenproof non-stick roasting tin and season with salt and pepper, then cook in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Take your dish out the oven and make 3 gaps in the mushrooms – this is where the hash browns will go. Now grab some of the hash brown mixture and mould into a ‘patty’, place in one of the gaps then repeat for the rest of the mixture. Mine made 3 hash browns!
- Now put your dish back in the oven for 15 minutes before adding the halved tomatoes to the dish (scatter these round a bit).
- Return to the oven for another 7 minutes then with a spoon, make dips in the mushrooms and tomatoes, so the eggs can sit in these. Crack in the other 3 eggs then cook for another 8-10 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking!
- Serve with the feta crumbled over the top and enjoy!
|Calories per serving||Protein||Carbs||Fat|