(Recipe serves 4)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 onions, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped or minced
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp-1tsp hot chilli powder – however spicy you’d like it!
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 175g passata
- 100g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tin light coconut milk
- 300ml Vegetable stock
- 520g Chickpeas (drained weight), drained and not rinsed
- 150g peas
- A couple of handfuls of spinach
- Serve with my mushroom and coriander rice
- Make my mushroom and coriander rice alongside this curry – the rice takes about 30 minutes to prepare and cook.
- Start by frying the onion and garlic in the coconut oil for 10 minutes on a medium-low heat, until the onions are softened and transparent.
- Next, add the garam masala, turmeric, ground cumin, ground coriander, chilli powder and salt and pepper. Fry this for a further minute before adding the passata.
- Now turn the heat up to medium-high to get the passata simmering, then add the cherry tomatoes, vegetable stock and coconut milk.
- Leave the sauce to simmer for 25-30 minutes until thickened slightly then add your chickpeas and peas. Let this simmer for 5 minutes until the chickpeas and peas are cooked through then add the spinach and let wilt.
- Serve your curry nice and hot with the mushroom and coriander rice and enjoy!
Nutritional values include 1 serving of chickpea curry and 1 serving of mushroom & coriander rice.
|Calories per serving||Protein||Carbs||Fat|