(Recipe makes 6 quesadillas and 3 servings of guacamole)
For the quesadillas:
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 220g mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tin black beans in water, drained but not rinsed
- 165g tin salt-free sweetcorn, drained and rinsed
- 3 tsp sriracha
- 120g grated vegan cheese – 20g for each wrap
- 6 Wholemeal wraps (I used WeightWatchers wraps – they have less calories, saturated fat and sugars per wrap and also have more fibre!)
For the guacamole:
- 3 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 birds eye chilli, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 lime juiced
- 1 1/2 medium avos, cubed
- Salt and pepper
- Start by making the guacamole – I mix all the ingredients in a bowl using a fork to slightly mash the avocado (but mash more or less depending on your preference, I like my guacamole chunky!) – test for seasoning then cover and set aside.
- Next, fry your red onion in the coconut oil for 8 minutes until softened before adding the mushrooms. Cook these for another 5 minutes then add in the coriander, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika and salt and pepper.
- Fry for a further couple of minutes then add in the beans and sweetcorn. Now cook this down for at least 5 minutes (so the beans cook through) and till the liquid has reduced. Stir in the sriracha and test for seasoning.
- Now grab a wholemeal wrap – on half the wrap sprinkle 10g of the grated cheese, a couple of tablespoons of quesadilla mixture, then another 10g of cheese on top (this cheese will melt round all the mixture to bind it together more).
- Fold over the empty half then fry in a dry, non-stick pan on medium-high. Mine took about 3 minutes on each side to get nice and golden and the cheese to get really melty! Repeat for each wrap.
- Serve nice and hot with the delicious and simple guacamole and enjoy!
|Calories per quesadilla||Protein||Carbs||Fat|
|Calories per serving of guacamole (1/3)||Protein||Carbs||Fat|