(Recipe serves 3)
For the salad:
- 1 tin borlotti beans (you can use any other beans, I just especially like these as they’re creamy and delicious in salads!)
- 80g wholegrain rice
- 165g tin salt-free sweetcorn, drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil, separated into 1/2 tbsps
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 200g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- A few splashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 250g king prawns
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 80g fresh mozzarella
For the dressing:
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3/4 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp balsamic
- 1 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- First of all, mix all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook your rice according to the packet instructions and drain. Also, microwave or cook the beans in a saucepan – drain these but don’t rinse!
- Now, put 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and fry the red onion on a medium-high heat. Add a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes and cook for a further few minutes until the onions are soft and the cherry tomato skins can be pushed off easily. Take these off the heat.
- In another pan, use the other 1/2 tbsp olive oil to cook the prawns. Sprinkle over the garlic powder and chilli powder and fry the prawns until cooked through (this will depend on the size of your prawns, mine took about 4-5 minutes).
- Grab a nice serving bowl and add in the rice, beans, sweetcorn, tomatoes, onions and prawns and give it a good mix. Drizzle over some of the dressing (a few tbsps – leave the rest for everyone to use more if they like) and tear on the fresh mozzarella.
- Enjoy your fresh and healthy warm salad!
|Calories per serving||Protein||Carbs||Fat|