(Recipe serves 4)
For the meatballs:
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 fresh lemongrass stalk, chopped
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 10g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 500g lean pork mince
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsps light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsps ground almonds
- Low calorie oil spray
For the salad:
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cucumber, seeds spooned out then sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 200g beansprouts, cooked and ready to eat
- 40g roasted peanuts, crushed
- 200g vermicelli rice noodles
- My easy pickled red cabbage
For the dressing:
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsps & 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- First of all, make the dressing by mixing all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl or jar then set aside. You will also want to make my easy pickled red cabbage – if you can make this the day before that’s even better!
- Preheat your oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Now, in a large mixing bowl, put all ingredients for the meatballs except from the honey and oil spray. Mix the ingredients together with your hands by scrunching the mince until it’s all combined.
- Mould the mince mixture into 12 meatballs and place them on the lined baking tray. Squash them slightly so they are flatter then spray with oil. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the meatballs cook, prepare the rest of the salad. Cook your noodles according to packet instructions – usually these just need to soak in hot water for a few minutes! Make sure the beansprouts are ready to eat, the cucumber is sliced and carrots are grated.
- Once the meatballs have been in the oven for 15 minutes, turn the oven up to 220C/450F/Gas mark 8, drizzle honey over the top of the meatballs, then return to the oven for 5 more minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Assemble your bun cha bowls with the noodles, each of the salad components, your tasty pork meatballs, crushed peanuts and a few drizzles of the dressing (I like extra dressing so the noodles soak it up)!
|Calories per serving||Protein||Carbs||Fat|