(Recipe serves 4)
For the chicken:
- 160g spinach
- 7 sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 160g ricotta
- 4 tsp grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 4 large chicken breasts (mine were about 220g each), butterflied
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 80g ground almonds
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsps dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Fry light spray
For the salad (Dressing makes approx 8-10 servings):
- 3 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsps honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsps water
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Bag of mixed leaf salad
- 200g mixed cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Start by making the salad dressing by mixing the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, dijon mustard, water, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl or jar. Set aside for serving.
- Preheat your oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Next, wilt the spinach by putting it in a colander and pouring boiling water over it. Roughly chop the spinach up and place in a large bowl. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, ricotta and parmesan to the bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Now in another bowl, mix together the ground almonds, onion powder, garlic powder, dried oregano and salt and pepper. Also have your beaten egg ready in a separate bowl.
- Get each butterflied chicken breast and spoon about 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture into the middle. Fold your chicken breast back over and secure with a few cocktail sticks.
- Next, dip each of the stuffed chicken breasts into the egg, then into the ground almonds, making sure they are fully coated. Place your chicken onto the baking tray, give it a few sprays of oil, then cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes of cooking, turn your oven up to 210C/435F/Gas mark 7, and cook for a further 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is crispy and cooked through.
- Serve your chicken sliced with the mixed leaf salad, cherry tomatoes and balsamic dressing and enjoy!
|Calories per serving||Protein||Carbs||Fat|