(Recipe makes 16 slices)
- 300g dark chocolate (most are vegan but double check the label!), roughly chopped
- 180g Vitalite (or any other vegan margarine)
- 80g golden syrup
- 160g free from digestive biscuits, crushed
- 40g roasted peanuts, chopped or crushed
- 75g mini vegan marshmallows – Sainsbury’s sell “Freedom Mallows”
- 40g smooth peanut butter
- Start by lining a rectangular tray (approx 32cmx21cm) with baking paper.
- Heat some boiling water in a saucepan on the stove and place a heatproof bowl over the top. Put the chocolate, butter and golden syrup into the bowl and continue stirring until melted and smooth. Make sure the bowl isn’t touching the water.
- Once melted, take off the heat and mix in the crushed biscuits and peanuts. This will cool down the mixture slightly. Now, stir in the vegan marshmallows.
- Next, melt the peanut butter in the microwave for 1 minute so it is thinner and easier to spread.
- Pour your rocky road mixture into the lined baking tray then smooth out with a spatula. Dot teaspoons of the melted peanut butter around the surface of the rocky road. Now use a cocktail stick or skewer to gently run through the peanut butter. This will spread it around the rocky road more and make a nice pattern!
- Leave your rocky road in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until set. Take it out of the baking tin onto a chopping board, chop into 16 pieces, and try your best not to eat it all in one day… It will be difficult!!
|Calories per slice||Protein||Carbs||Fat|