(Recipe serves 2)
- 2 chicken breasts (approx 150g each)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian herbs
- Good pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tsp sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 low fat cheddar slices (I used cathedral city half fat mature cheddar slices and a little goes a long way!)
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp lighter than light mayonnaise
- 2 wholemeal rolls
- Butterfly your chicken breasts in half so you have 4 flatter pieces then season these all over with the smoked paprika, chilli powder, garlic powder, Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
- Fry these in the coconut oil over a medium heat for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until just cooked through. Whilst the chicken is cooking, spread mayonnaise on one side of the buns, then pesto on the other. Add salad if you like and 1/2 an avocado on each.
- When your chicken is cooked put the slices of cheese over and melt under the grill. Now each burger will have one chicken piece without cheese and one with, for a tasty ratio of cheese to burger! Finish assembling the burger and serve immediately with no cutlery, just how a burger is meant to be eaten!
|Calories per serving||Protein||Carbs||Fat|