(Recipe serves 6)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 sprigs of rosemary, leaves picked
- 3 tbsp water
- 750g 5% fat beef mince
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- Wholemeal roll
- My easy pickled red cabbage
- 6 reduced fat mature cheddar slices
- Sauté the red onion in olive oil for 3 minutes on medium-high heat. Then turn the heat down to medium-low, add the Worcestershire sauce, water, and rosemary and fry for another 10 minutes until soft and caramelised (add more water if the onions start to stick or burn). Set the onions aside to cool down.
- In a large bowl, put in the mince, spices, seasoning and egg, then mix well with your hands! 👐 Mix in your cooled onions then form 6 burgers out of the mixture.
- Simply cook your burgers under the grill or on a bbq on both sides until nearly cooked. I love cooking these on the bbq, the outside goes nice and crispy but the inside stays juicy and tasty 😋
- Add your cheese slices to melt during the last minute of cooking, and enjoy in a wholemeal bun with my easy pickled red cabbage and any other toppings you’d like!
|Calories per serving||Protein||Carbs||Fat|