(Recipe makes 12 muffins)
- 50g coconut oil
- 160ml honey
- 300g overripe banana, mashed (the riper the sweeter!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 224g gluten free plain flour
- 50g rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 90g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 160C/325F/Gas mark 3 and line a muffin tin with 12 cases.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave then add to a large mixing bowl along with the honey, whisk till combined.
- Add the mashed banana, eggs and vanilla extract and whisk again.
- Next add your flour, oats, baking powder and salt to the mixture and fold till all ingredients are mixed well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and spoon the mixture into the 12 muffin cases.
- Sprinkle some oats on top then bake for 24-28 minutes. Check by inserting a cocktail stick into the muffins and checking it comes out relatively clean (there may still be some muffin stuck to the stick because of the honey 🍯)
|Calories per muffin||Protein||Carbs||Fat|