(Recipe serves 5 as a side)
- 1.25kg Maris piper potatoes, peeled and chopped to 1.5-2 inch pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, left unpeeled
- 30g butter
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- 1tsp garlic powder
- Put your oven on 220 C/425 F/Gas mark 7 and preheat your roasting tray inside.
- Boil potatoes in a pan until tender (check with a sharp knife), they do not need to be fully cooked but nearly there!
- Drain the potatoes and let them steam dry for 2 minutes. Shake the colander to chuff the edges of the potatoes (these little bits of potato will get super crispy in the pan).
- Then put the oil and butter in your preheated tray and move around until melted. Tip your potatoes in, add a good pinch of salt and pepper, and mix until the potatoes are coated in the oil. Using a knife, push down on each garlic clove so it flattens and the skins break, then dot these round the potatoes.
- Put your potatoes in the oven for 20 minutes. Give them a good mix then grab a spatula to gently squash the potatoes down.
- Add the leaves of your fresh rosemary sprigs around the pan then return to the oven for 8 minutes.
- Now turn your oven up to 232 C/450 F/Gas mark 8 to get those 🥔🥔 crispy. Carry on cooking for another 12-15 minutes or until golden brown!
- Then for the finishing touch, sprinkle over with the garlic powder and give them one last mix. Timings are based on my oven and work perfectly every time!
|Calories per serving||Protein||Carbs||Fat|