(Recipe serves 3)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 200g pancetta/smoked bacon lardons
- 300g selection of mushrooms, sliced (be creative! ⭐️ I used shiitake, oyster and chestnut which are all rich in flavour)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp low fat creme fraiche
- Black pepper
- 225g dry pasta (any type) -or- 3 portions fresh pasta
- First, fry the chopped pancetta/bacon in the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Once crispy, remove from the pan into a bowl with a slotted spoon to be added again later.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the mushrooms to the pan – these will soak up all the oil but don’t worry as they’ll give out a lot of moisture in a few minutes!
- When the mushrooms have been cooking for about 5 minutes, add the garlic and thyme to the pan and start boiling your pasta.
- Fry the mushrooms for another 5 minutes or until softened, then pour in the stock. Let the stock simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp of water till smooth before adding to the pan, turn the heat up high, then stir the sauce to let it thicken slightly.
- Take your sauce off the heat and stir in the creme fraiche. Drain your pasta and coat this in the creamy sauce then top with crispy bacon – serve with grated parmesan, a sprinkle of black pepper and enjoy!
|Calories per serving||Protein||Carbs||Fat|