(Recipe serves 2)
- 2 chicken breasts (approx 300g), cut in half lengthways to cook quicker
- 1 tin of salt-free sweetcorn, drained
- 800ml low-sodium chicken stock (I use 2 stock cubes)
- 1 tsp cornflour – don’t use this for a gluten-free version, the soup will just be runnier!
- 2 eggs
- Light soy sauce (this is completely optional but I love soy sauce in this soup!)
- Black pepper to serve
- Start by bringing the chicken stock to the boil in a saucepan and add the chicken. Simmer the chicken till cooked through (around 10-15mins), then remove the chicken onto a plate.
- Add the sweetcorn to the saucepan and make sure it is bubbling on a medium heat. Whilst the sweetcorn heats up, shred the chicken on the plate with two forks into bitesize pieces.
- Mix the cornflour in a small bowl with 2 tsps cold water. Once the sweetcorn has simmered for about 5 minutes, bring to the boil and stir in the cornflour mixture. Let this thicken for a minute or so then add your shredded chicken.
- Beat your eggs in a bowl then take the saucepan off the heat. Whisk in the egg quickly and serve hot with black pepper and soy sauce on the side (I add a good splash and it gives the soup so much flavour!)
|Calories per serving||Protein||Carbs||Fat|