(Recipe makes 12 cookies)
- 75g coconut oil, melted
- 120g honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 eggs
- 60g coconut flour
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 165C/325F/gas mark 3 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Start by whisking the coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract together in a large bowl till combined. Add the lemon zest and eggs then whisk again.
- Mix in your coconut flour, desiccated coconut and salt till everything is combined well. Leave the mixture to sit for about a minute to let the flour absorb moisture and thicken it.
- Now spoon the mixture onto the baking tray, flattening with the spoon and moulding into a cookie shape. The cookies won’t change shape when cooking so mould them to how you’d like them to look!
- Make 12 cookies on the tray then press down on each with either a fork or whisk to create lines (these help the cookies to have crispier bits on top plus it looks nicer 😊).
- Bake in the oven for 18-20mins or until slightly golden and crispy, then let cool and enjoy this low calorie snack 🍪
|Calories per cookie||Protein||Carbs||Fat|