(Recipe serves 3)
For the Falafel:
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 120g peas, boiled and drained
- 1 tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp sun-dried tomato oil
- A few sprigs fresh coriander
- 40g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Light spray oil
For the Flatbreads:
- 110g wholemeal flour/wholemeal strong bread flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 85ml hot water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Coconut oil for cooking
- For the falafel, preheat oven to 220C/425F/gas mark 7 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Fry the onions in coconut oil on low-medium heat till transparent and soft then let cool.
- Put all ingredients apart from the onions and sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor and blitz until combined. Mix in onions and sun-dried tomatoes with a spoon then using your hands make 9 falafel disks/balls on the baking tray.
- Spray with oil then bake for 25 mins or until crispy and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the flatbreads by mixing the flour, salt and thyme in a bowl then add the water and olive oil. Mix till combined then knead on a floured surface for a few minutes.
- Once the dough feels smoother, cut into 6 pieces and roll these into balls. Leave these in a bowl covered with cling film for 15 minutes.
- When proved, roll out the balls on a floured surface till thin like tortilla wraps. Cook in a lightly oiled frying pan on medium heat for about 1 minute on each side.
Serve warm with the falafel and vegan tzatziki on top or roll into a delicious wrap!
|Calories per serving||Protein||Carbs||Fats|